Monday, May 3, 2010

Yesterday recap and new recipe!

Well yesterday's breakfast started with, you guessed it over night oats,Greek yogurt and bloobs. It tasted great per usual.Dinner last night was a simple veggie/tofu/chicken stir fry. In the mix was broccoli,zucchini,carrot shreds,cabbage shreds,soy sauce,ginger,garlic. Served over brown rice.It was really good.
This morning for brekky I made coconut blueberry pancakes. They were pretty good too. Cooking with coconut flour can be really tricky so follow your recipe since you can't just sub coconut flour for regular.In the mix was:
2 Tbs. Coconut flour (got mine at WF)
2 Egg whites I whipped mine till frothy
1/2 C Blueberries
1/2 tsp baking powder
pinch of sea salt
stevia drops to taste
cinnamon to taste
1/2 c Almond milk (I used almond breeze vanilla unsweetened)
1 Tsp chia seeds
Forgot to use protein powder but you could put in 1 tsp.
Cook on Medium/low until you see bubbles all around the edges and in the middle. "CAREFULLY" try to flip your pancake and cook until done. I made one GIANT one cuz that's how I roll. But you could make 2 smaller ones as well. It would probably cook faster and be a lot easier to flip. (note to self) make smaller ones next time for easier flippage!

Then proceed to cover your with whatever makes you happy at that moment. I used Artisana coconut butter and agave. The coconut and blueberry flavor combo was amaaaaaaazing! Hope you give it a try, you won't regret it I promise!! Gotta take the princess to get her dance and tap on. See ya later alligator!!!

1 comment:

  1. wow, these pancakes look awesome! I would really like to try that combo, but I'll have to wait for the blueberries :)

    ReplyDelete