Thursday, May 27, 2010

Is it Friday yet?

Hello friends! It's been a busy day in my house today. Mounds of laundry,dishes,vacuuming etc. Did I get any of that done? Well some of it. This morning started out with my 4 yr old screaming and whining that she wanted pancakes. After calmly talking her down, I decided to make "healthy" pancakes and they would be deceptively delicious! In the mix was: 1 1/2  C. Healthy Heart Bisquick
1/2 c whole wheat flour
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 c vanilla unsweetened almond breeze
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp chia seeds
1tbs flax meal
Cook per usual and viola!!

The children thought they were yummy! He He






Do you ever have to lie trick your kids into eating healthy food? I just have to be super sneaky. My daughter in particular is very perceptive about her food. Especially the color. If the color is not just right she won't eat it. Even if it tastes the same. I know this from many many occasions. My son on the other hand will eat almost anything I give him. With the exception of pasta. Weirdo only likes food he can "crunch". My hubby will eat almost anything unless I call it "healthy". For some reason he thinks healthy tastes gross. Sometimes I have to be sneaky with him too.
Breakfast for me started out with a bowl of quinoa oats. It had 1 cup quinoa,1/2 tsp cinnamon,almond milk,stevia drops. It was delightful and full of protein :) Next up was snack #1

Bananer and 1/2 c low fat cottage cheese. This was soooo good. I usually do pineapple but banana was just as yummy. Definitely in my rotation now! Oh and a sprinkle of cinnamon for flava.

Lunch was this salad beast. It had tuna fish quinoa salad,carrots,green beans,broccoli shreds,balsamic vinaigrette,lettuce. It was uber filling.

Snack #2 came in the form of 2 egg puffy with salsa and a piece of jack sprat bread with almond butter.

Dinner was nothing special, 1 baked sweet tater,brown rice and a chocolate berry protein shake. I just wasn't in the mood for meat and needed some quick protein. I didn't quite finish everything, I was too full.

Yah not sure this is how the manufacture intended this to be ridden.

Now its off to more important things, like finding the lid to the milk that my 2 yr old lost.

Yah that's you I'm talking about. That is a face of pure guilt.

And just in case anyone is looking for a good book, this one is awesome. I really learned a lot about nutrition and health in general. I would recommend it to everyone who lives a healthy life style.
That's it for tonight, gotta bathe the monsters!
Peace out bloggies!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment